Sunday, January 5, 2014

Susan Sleeman Book List

********************

Interview with Susan Sleeman

Thank-you for joining our party, Susan.

What is the strangest real life situation that is in one of your stories?
I’m laughing as I write about this. No Way Out features seven-year-old twins and I drew from my oldest daughter’s childhood for this one. My hubby worked retail back then and he always worked on Monday nights so my daughter and I would get fast food to take home for dinner. She always had a happy meal and I thought she was throwing away her boxes, but one day when I was cleaning, I vacuumed under her bed and found tons of happy meal boxes. Unfortunately, there were still fries in some of the boxes. They were petrified and thankfully didn’t smell, but I sure was surprised to find them. So I put happy meals boxes under one of the twin’s bed.

Do you enjoy reading your own stories?
I wish I could say I do, but by the time a book is ready for publication, I have read it so many times that honestly, I don’t want to read it again. I love, love, love receiving the finished books when they arrive in the mail, but at this point I don’t read them as I know I will see all the areas I could do better and it’s too late to change them.

Are you sad to end a series and leave the characters behind?
I have ended three series now and this last one, The Justice Agency, was particularly hard to say goodbye. I loved this family of five adopted siblings and after writing five books where they all appeared in each book, they seemed like family to me. I’m in the thick of writing another series called Crisis 911 and I can tell I am already getting attached to the six person emergency response team. At least this time I have an extra book in the series so I can spend more time with them.

Do you write about places you have lived?
I have lived in 9 states, two of them twice, but I have set all my books in Oregon until this month. The reason for this is that my children live in Oregon and I missed them so much that writing about the state made me feel closer to them. Plus I really like the Portland area and it has many varied settings that are perfect for books. Mountains, valley, ocean, desert, you can find them all in Oregon. However, I recently moved from Florida back to Oregon and ironically enough I just set a novella in Florida. Not because I had a desire to write about Florida, but because my publisher requested a military themed novella, and I wanted to write about virtual training. The Army researches virtual training at the Army Research Institute in Orlando and honestly, though I lived only a few miles from the institute, I didn’t even know it existed until this past month. Crazy, right?

Do you read the same types of books you write?
ABSOLUTELY. I am an avid romantic suspense reader. Take away the romance and I’m not as interested. Take away the suspense and I’m bored. Put them both together in an equal blend and I’m in reading heaven.
********************
The Morgan Brothers Series
Book 1: High Stakes Inheritance
Mia Blackburn is returning to Logan Lake after 10 long years. After her mother died, her dad blamed Mia for the death and treated her badly. Her protector and love betrayed her so she left to live with her Uncle Wally in Atlanta. Now that Uncle Wally has died, he left Mia with his resort in Logan Lake. The clincher is that she has to stay for one year to inherit it. The first day she is at the resort the threatening notes start coming for her to leave or else!
Ryan Morgan could not believe how beautiful Mia still was after not seeing her for so long. But he could not get out of his mind how he had failed to save his fiance three years ago so he has chosen to stay out of relationships. And yet here he is trying to protect Mia. Ryan had treated her cruelly when he broke up with her ten years ago and now that he is a Christian he wants her forgiveness. Through one incident and murder after another, Ryan and Mia are drawn closer together, whether they want to or not.
Book 2: Behind the Badge
Russ Morgan had lost everything he cared about. As an Officer he watched a young boy die and blamed himself. After turning to drinking he lost his wife and son. He has sobered up since and is the Chief of Police in Logan Lake. He is able to see his son, Zack, but never enough. He is a changed man who still carries a huge burden. And than one night he is in time to rescue Deputy Sydney Tucker. Years ago this beauty had told him she was in love with him but she was a freshman and he was in college, he broke her heart and she walked away from him.


Sydney was checking on her new townhouse when she heard two men and then gunshots. She had left her gun in her car along with her cell phone. When strong arms came around her when she was going to run for it, she thought she was dead, but it was Russ Morgan not the gunman, and he was still as handsome as ever.

The murdered man is a drug dealer that Syd had threatened after he had her young sister and her friends at a party, encouraging Nikki and the others to drink or do drugs, Sydney could end a suspect in his murder.The gunman seemed to think she had something he wanted. He was threatening those Sydney cared most about and he always knew where to find them.

Russ put Sydney on his investigation team even though she was with the Sheriff's office and they did not usually work well together. He told himself it was because she was a witness but the truth was he wanted her nearby.

As Russ & Sydney work through finding a murder, overcoming guilt and dealing with a seventeen year old girl who does not like hiding out instead of being with her friends, more starts building. Can these two find happiness and love in their lives and let go of the past?
Book 3: The Christmas Witness
Norman Fowler was free to terrorize her again!

When FBI agent Reid Morgan chose his job over a life with witness Megan Cash twelve years ago, he doesn't think he'll ever see her again. But when the man they put behind bars for bank robbery and holding Megan hostage is released from prison and threatens to end her life if she doesn't meet his ransom demands, Reid is the only person who can protect Megan and her critically ill child, Ella. Can Reid overcome the loss of his wife to cancer in the very hospital where Ella is being treated in order to help Megan? And can Megan forgive Reid for choosing his job instead of her, in order to let him? Or will the ex-con succeed in his revenge and end Megan's life?
********************
The Justice Agency Series:
Family And Law Enforcement
go hand in hand...
Book 1: Double Exposure
Amazon
Photographer Jennie Buchanan unknowingly captures a drug-cartel meeting on film. And now she has become a killer's next target. Even worse, her only protection from the danger that threatens her life is the man who threatens her heart. Dodging bullets almost seems safer than facing the feelings stirred up by seeing former FBI agent and ex-boyfriend Ethan Justice again.

Ethan vows to safeguard Jennie from the deadly men on her trail. And for a second chance at Jennie's love, he's willing to risk anything to expose the truth about the drug smugglers, the past and the future together is what he still wants.
Book 2: Dead Wrong
When her client and old college friend is murdered, P.I. Kat Justice knows the killer will come for her next. Her survival depends on finding her unknown enemy first…and working with homicide detective Mitch Elliot, her onetime crush. It'll take all her professional skills to ignore the sparks between them, but Kat can't allow the handsome cop to get close. She's seen too many people she loves die, so she vows just to do her job without getting emotionally involved. Yet keeping her distance may not be the best way to protect her heart—or their lives.
Book 3: No Way Out
WHO CAN SHE TRUST? 
Alyssa Wells has uncovered evidence that her police officer husband was murdered by his partner-a dangerous claim in a small town. After two tours in Iraq, protecting Alyssa and her children shouldn't be a problem for private investigator Cole Justice. Alyssa feels drawn to him, but how can she trust anyone after everything she's been through? Cole's sure his heart is closed off to love, but Alyssa and her children seem to have found a way in. As the killer draws closer, Alyssa realizes she's trusting Cole with more than her safety.
Book 4: Thread of Suspicion
When someone sabotages former navy SEAL Luke Baldwin's "unhackable" software, there's more than his reputation at stake. Faced with treason charges, Luke turns to Dani Justice, a computer expert and skilled investigator. She's eager to dive into the challenging case…until she uncovers a devastating connection. The hacker framing Luke has a personal, deadly history with Dani. Luke's code of honor and his growing feelings make him resolved to protect the sweet, strong woman he knows is more vulnerable than she'd admit. But what good is his training or determination against an enemy who can hack into any system and find them wherever they hide? 
Book 5: Dark Tide
MISSION: PROTECT BABY 
Gina Evans knows her brother was murdered—even if the police won't believe her. After catching a quick glimpse of the evidence her brother had gathered, the same criminals are after her and her baby niece. And Gina's only hope is the man she left behind. Despite the painful memories, private investigator Derrick Justice won't fail Gina and her baby. Yet now, the woman he never stopped loving and the baby he's come to adore are in a killer's crosshairs. But can Derrick trap the cold-blooded murderer before he strikes again?
********************
Garden Gate Mysteries

Book 1: Nipped in the Bud
Amazon
When you find your boss pushing up daisies....
Life in full bloom, landscape designer, Paige Turner, scores her first landscaping contract to spruce up the park, her radio talk show shoots to number one, and her retail shop is simply blossoming. Yes, her life is a bed or roses. Until she finds City Manager, Bud Picklemann served up on the blade of her favorite shove mere hours after she's threatened to have his head on a platter, then the thorns come out. And there is none thornier than the local police chief declaring Paige the one and only suspect and threatening to plow her under.
You've got to formulate a plant of attack...
Paige teams up with dashing attorney, Adam Hayes to weed through the list of suspects, and clear her soiled reputation. A big mouthed parrot who often spouts Mr. T-ism, and a giant pickle mascot join in quirky Paige's quest to once again cultivate control of her life.
Book 2: Read Between the Tines

IF YOU PLANT THE WRONG SEEDS. . .
Recovered from her near death at the hand of a killer, landscape designer Paige Turner is certain her life will soon be a bed of roses. That is, until her employee, Daisy Rose Plante, finds a dead body, and the thorny police chief looks no further than Daisy for a suspect. Paige digs in and weeds through the list of potential killers, and before long, her sweet smelling rose of a life is soundly trampled.

YOU’LL HAVE TO REAP WHAT YOU SOW . . .
Paige would be much happier working over-thyme on her budding relationship with yummy attorney, Adam Hayes, but it soon becomes clear she’ll be in a hoe lot of trouble with him if she continues digging for the killer. Does Paige risk all and try to unearth the killer? Or does she settle down in peaceful bliss with the man of her dreams?
********************
The Creative Woman Mystery Series
Creative Women Mysteries Website

Book 2: A Deadly Stitch
Amazon (used books only)
Book 5: Dog Gone Shame

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Judy, thanks so much for adding me to your amazing blog. You are doing an incredible job of sharing your love of fiction. I am so pleased to not only have found your blog, but to be listed on it. Thanks, again.
    Susan Sleeman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome. Looking forward to reading the rest of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This party is so cool. I am finding authors I have never heard. So now I have new books to look for. Susan Sleeman your Morgan Brothers series, Garden Gate Mysteries and the Creative Mystery series all sound really great. I have never read any of your books before so you can surprise me with one from one of those series if I win. I love the Love Inspired Suspense books....well I love the Love Inspired books. Thanks for the giveaway and Good Luck to all who enter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail, She is giving away a copy of Thread of Suspicion.

      Delete
  4. I just found Susan and I love her two books that I have read so far!!! and I would LOVE to have Luke's story in Thread of Suspicion in paperback and autographed:) I fell in love with Luke immediately. I am about to start Dark Tide.
    Donna (at) MoreThanaReview dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sympathize with the Happy Meal boxes. I can't tell you how many Sonic grilled cheeses I pulled out from just about every nook and cranny from my car while my kids were toddlers/pre-school age. Strangely enough, they NEVER smelled. I guess it's all the preservatives. *shudders*

    Oh, and I'm with you on not really enjoying your old books. By the time I'm ready to publish, I am nearly sick of the story and just pray others love it because I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Love Inspired Suspense books and now I have another new Author whose books I need to read. Would love to win one.

    Lourdes11743[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed the interview, and would love to read your books, Susan! Thanks for the opportunity to win a copy of "Thread of Suspicion"!

    bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the interview! I have enjoyed some of your books & want to read MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed reading your interview. I love suspense books. Would love to win! Thanks for the opportunity to win a copy of your book! sarah_purcats[at]hotmail(dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am reading my first Susan Sleeman book, No Way Out, and am really enjoying it. I am looking forward to reading more of her books in the future. Claudia (grams1819[at]hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete