Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Neeley Bratcher Book List

********************
Just Judy's Jumbles Blog Party

Interview with Neeley Bratcher
Name one thing about yourself that would shock readers if they knew.
I have temporal-lobe epilepsy and chronic migraines. Medication helps the seizures and the auras, and dulls the pain. That's probably why I have a strange way of looking at things, and why I don't let myself get upset about small stuff. Getting upset or stressed is a big trigger.

What is the strangest real life situation that is in one of your stories?
Varner's Christmas present from Melanie at the end of "Childs Abduction was an honest-to-God, real-life situation. You'll have to read the book to find out what it was. It was hilarious!

When did you start writing?
I started writing when I was 13, stories about meeting my favorite bands. I never kept journals or anything. Writing about myself wasn't that interesting. I was always happiest when I was dreaming. I still am.

Do you enjoy reading your own stories?
I do. If I don't enjoy them, I need to change something.

Do you laugh and cry while writing your books?
Lord, yes! My husband thinks I'm crazy when I'm sitting here at my laptop, WEEPING and typing away. I can't help it.

Favorite book or character you have written?
Victoria Childs is my favorite. She's an extension of myself. She and I have been through a lot together. Hopefully we will go through a lot more.

Do you ever forget that the characters are not real?
They are real to me. I see them everywhere. Sometimes I'll look at a two women laughing together and I'll say, "There's Vic and Toni." Sometimes I'll send a picture to a friend and say, "This is Varner." To me, they're as real as my friends and family.
********************
Victoria Childs' Novel
Book 1: Childs' Proof
Amazon
Victoria Childs is a witty young woman who’s life sucks a bit. She has a boss who lives to irritate and paw people. A best friend who’s so sexy that guys notice Toni and Vic becomes invisible. Not to mention the men she does catch seem to have serious issues, like being married, insane or criminals. On top of everything else the poor girl finds herself craving KFC only to have forgotten her purse at work. Could things get much worse than that? For someone like Vic? Yup. Going back for her purse ends her in more trouble than she could ever imagine. One good thing out of it is the handsome Detective Jason Varner.

Follow the humorous escapades of Vic as she fights vending machines, crazy bosses and her hormones. The story is written from Vic’s whimsical point of view. Follow this petite firecracker as her life goes from boring and tedious to running from danger while trying to hold onto her heart. Childs’ Abduction continues the story of Vic’s new and improved life and career, but the girl is a magnet for trouble, a high powered magnet.
**Sexual content and language
Book 2: Childs Abduction
We return to Brenton, Illinois almost a year after Vic's troubles in Childs' Proof. She is doing well in her P.I. business and so so in her relationship with Varner. Life never stays calm very long where Vic is concerned and she goes from tossing pencils into ceiling tiles to running for her life, again.

What starts out going to a wedding for a Varner cousin ends up in a twisted mess. Vic meets the Varner family and Jason's ex. His gorgeous brother who has eyes that…..well you’ll have to read about that. Taylor Lowe, the warden from book one enters the scene once again. Poor Vic really suffers restraint when she is surrounded by hunky men, who all seem attracted to her. Well maybe not Mike the nurse.

This book has a darker side of life to it right along with Neeley’s humorous situations. Life never seems to give this couple a break for very long and Childs Abduction definitely takes the reader on an emotional roller coaster. I’ve enjoyed both of these books and definitely look forward to book three.
**Sexual content and language
Book 2.5: Tiger's Eye
Amazon
Book 3: Childs Exploited
Amazon
********************

3 comments:

  1. Bless you Neely. My sister suffers from migraines and I know it is very tough.
    Now I just have to know the Christmas present! Hoping to win Child's Proof:)
    Great interview and the books sounds awesome!
    Donna (at) MoreThanaReview dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sweetie. Let me know if you don't win, I could probably arrange for a special signed copy for ya! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the giveaway. Sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete